Tuesday, March 2, 2010

PERSPECTIVE

Please suggest a title for this one in the comments.
Every day on my way to and from work I see this gorgeous hawk atop a lamp post high above the interstate. From my perspective, his life looks pretty good. I envy his days spent wheeling across the sky, free to fly away to any place he desires - as I sit in traffic, on my way to another stressful workday. He answers to no one. He belongs to no one. Sometimes I wonder why he stays there when he can go anywhere. Maybe his reasons are somewhat like mine; "It might not be scenic, but the mice are plentiful and easy to catch. I'll just stay a little longer..."
I created this piece with water soluble oil pastels, using the scraffito (scratch through) technique.

1 comment:

Andrea Christensen said...

I would call it "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" but it's not yellow. It looks like oz in the distance though. I like the title "Perspective" too.