Sunday, January 9, 2011

Déjà Vu: Illustration Friday

"The strongest pathological association of déjà vu is with temporal lobe epilepsy. This correlation has led some researchers to speculate that the experience of déjà vu is possibly a neurological anomaly related to improper electrical discharge in the brain. As most people suffer a mild epileptic episode regularly (e.g. a hypnagogic jerk, the sudden "jolt" that frequently, but not always, occurs just prior to falling asleep), it is conjectured that a similar neurological aberration occurs in the experience of déjà vu, resulting in an erroneous sensation of memory." - Wikipedia
QUESTION: Does anyone actually make money selling stuff on Etsy? If you are a seller on Etsy, please comment. This is a running joke between Andrea and I. One of us will create something and share it with the other and get the reply, "You should put that on Etsy and tell me how it goes." Neither of us have Etsy shops and both of us are dying to know if anyone actually makes money on Etsy and if so, selling what!??

5 comments:

Marie Campbell said...

Love the way you've captured that sensation :)

Anonymous said...

Great stuff. I have an etsy store, and although I don't make stacks of moola out of it, I have sold prints to people all over the world. I certainly wouldn't "give up my day job" over it lol.
I do have a good friend though, who posted some old paintings online and they sold in minutes, and from there she has made a very successful business out of it. Soooo, yes some people do make money out of it! And hey, it doesn't cost much to set up, and it's such a buzz if something does sell. Kinda like Christmas :) Do it and have some fun! (Let me know if you do, i'll fav your shop.)

steve said...

Beautifully done! love the washes here.

Linda Hensley said...

Nice! I like the colors. I've heard a lot about Etsy, but don't have a shop there either. Very curious about the answers you might get on your question.

Yuval Hoshen said...

Beautiful! I love this!
I wondered about Etsy and similar sites too.