Friday, July 24, 2009

About that camera...

I've been getting quite a few questions about what camera the underwater photos came from. I've been using an Olympus Stylus series digital camera on our snorkel trips for the last three years or so. It is shockproof, dust proof, freeze proof, waterproof to 33 ft and 7 megapixel. The models that are out now are up to 12 megapixel. It is perfect for snorkeling, fording rivers, snowboarding, sandstorms in the Kalahari, horse or mountain bike riding or just being clumsy...
They cost $375 and under depending on how much abuse you expect them to take!
Click here to go to the Olympus website and see their supper tough cameras.
So there's my plug for Olympus cameras.

I should also mention that I do color adjustments in PhotoShop to correct for the light and atmospheric differences underwater. These adjustments make a huge difference. Sometimes I'm not even sure what I've photographed until I run 'auto levels on the photo and, surprise, a turtle or a ray springs from the murky depths.

No comments: