Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mexico: Playa de Carmen

We stayed at the Sandos Playacar Resort. Here is the courtyard outside our room.








There wasn't much coral to see in the water near the resort, but we did see some nice critters, including this squid. I spotted a school of about five squid. I mistook them for fish at first. When I realized they were squid I was really excited - we've never spotted squid and they were very interesting.



This queen trigger is being cleaned by a tiny black and yellow fish.
A pair of queen triggerfish.





The guy on the right is a dog face puffer. I'm not sure what his black and yellow friend is. He was very tiny though, about the size of a nickel.












Chris and Angela in the poolside buffet tiki at the resort. Chris' shirt makes me laugh every time I see it.

I rescued this kitty from a trap. I heard her meowing and searched until I found her in a trap near our room. There was a sign on it saying, "Please do not disturb the trap, the cat will be relocated." I didn't have much faith in the Sandos resort after the 'all inclusive snorkel gear' turned out to be $25 an hour so I let the poor cat out. The next day I found another trap (empty this time) and rolled a coconut in to spring it. Score 2 for the kitties!

No comments: