Saturday, June 11, 2011

Wool Market - Estes Park

1, 2, 3?, 4? HORNS!? We were surprised to see a pen
full of four (and sometimes more) horned sheep. These
Jacob Sheep are an ancient breed mentioned in the Bible.

I thought this was an especially good-
looking show llama.


I was really excited to see this Paco-Vicuna. PVs are more closely related to wild
South American vicunas than normal alpacas. In Peru, we saw wild vicunas on the
altiplano. They are delicate, shy and rare. Their wool is the softest, warmest, rarest
and most valuable in the world. One touch and you'll understand...

I spotted this prairie dog pup roaming alone next to the
parking lot. We were really worried about him, but when
we left him, he had reunited with a sibling and that made
us feel a little better.



















After Jeff's photography course in Boulder ended, I was anxious to show him around Rocky Mountain N.P. so he could see where I'd been spending my days. On the way up, we had to stop to poke around the Estes Park Wool Market.

No comments: